Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reformat

I finally did it. I had been threatening to for awhile. Aside from an odd hiccup, where windows froze during installation, blaming it on a device failure. Everything went very smooth, and I was pretty much back to optimum status in about 2 hours. It was actually more because I was preoccupied in the living room, but that's not really the computers fault, now is it? I'm still holding onto XP, I figure at this point there is no reason for me to pay for a copy of Vista with Windows 7 on the horizon. I decided to try a new anti-virus; not because I had problems with my old one, but I just wanted to see what else is out there. So I installed Avast anti-virus. It puts more little jibbers in the taskbar, but doesn't seem to actually affect available memory any more than AVG (my old AV software). One strange thing I have noticed is that my network speed seems slower, I'll have to do some further testing before I start flinging accusations.

No comments: