Friday, March 13, 2009

My thoughts on 27 Dresses.

Okay, so "27 Dresses" has been on HBO relentlessly lately. I suppose a more macho man would have ignored it and turned on something else, but I didn't. I'm not sure why, I'm pretty sure Katherine Heigls' beauty plays a big part in it, I can't seem to look away whenever she's on screen.
Okay I guess this next part is going to make me sound burnt out on love, but I don't fully get the premise of this movie. I mean, I understand she's in love with a guy and it didn't work out, but we've all been in love with someone and it didn't work out. However, how bad can her situation be? Her infatuation with one gorgeous guy didn't work out, but there is another gorgeous guy waiting for her, and let's get real; A girl like her has a million gorgeous guys paying attention to her on a regular basis. So my point is, someone like her, or the character she plays anyway, is only single by choice. It is a totally unrealistic portrayal of how it really is being single.

No comments: