Saturday, January 3, 2009

PS3 tinkering advice.

First off, The PS3 will only recognize USB mice and keyboards. I tried a PS2 to USB converter and it did not work! Also, don't bother trying to install another OS if your television cannot display at 720p or better. You won't be able to see enough of the screen to complete the setup. I speak from experience, so I thought I should share how I was able to revert to the PS3 OS since I couldn't not type anything. Simply turn off the
PS3 using the switch on the back, then turn it back on, hold your finger on the power button for three seconds and you will hear a beep. The beep indicates that your PS3 will boot into its default OS. I am disappointed that my first attempt at installing linux on my PS3 was unsuccessful, but I remain undeterred. I will buy a USB keyboard, and an HDTV and try again! However,since I am not a millionaire it will probably be a couple months 'till I get the T.V.

No comments: