Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The one thing I miss about Reason...

not reason as in sanity, but the music software Reason! I miss the Redrum drum computer. It's x0x style sequencing made beat sculpting fairly fast. For the life of me, I cannot find a V.S.T. that is comparable. I wish I was a leet coder, I'd just create my own. I am not about to spend $300 to get Reason just for a drum machine, but sometimes it is tempting. I don't understand how such an obvious concept has eluded V.S.T. programmers for so long now. One alternative I have my eye on is FXpansions Guru This seems the most like redrum, and has a ton of new tricks as well. I have no commitment to any D.A.W. so I have also been paying attention to some that offer step sequencers, and/or drum machines built in. Sonar would be perfect, if the rest of the program wasn't so complex. Seems to me they made Sonar to be complex for complexities sake! I noticed Pro Tools has a nice looking drum machine built in, but Pro Tools seems so restrictive with it's RTAS format. Well the quest continues...

No comments: