Friday, December 5, 2008

GTA IV for the PC is full of Bugs

Ah bugs, what would life be without them? Whether it's creepy crawly bugs, or the bugs that inhabit computer software, they certainly enrich our lives. Well, apparently GTA IV has so many bugs that one reseller is offering refunds on a case by case basis. I have been looking forward to this game for awhile, but I held off on purchasing it on launch day. Now I am glad I did! I feel bad for the people who bought the game, but truth be told, I also feel bad for Rockstar. Bad publicity is rarely good for any company, but I feel that Rockstars track record is not one of failed launches. I hope people cut them some slack, and grant them forgiveness, even if they did release an unfinished product.
That brings me to another point. Why do these companies rush? How could these bugs have slipped past quality control? Were they testing the game on PC's that were all running the same configuration? I feel that when a company is porting a game, they should take even more precaution to make sure the transition is smooth.

No comments: